Thursday, May 14, 2009

How is the flight between New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)? Anyone have experiences

How is the flight between New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)? Anyone have experiences?
I'm flying to New York in February and I was wondering how long the flight is? Any suggestions on how to ease my mind during the trip? I'm flying on JetBlue so I know that the Direct Tv will help. I've flown many times before, but usually not longer than 3-4 hours. I'm just a bit tense... It's a non stop flight.
Los Angeles - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you've flown, you've flown. I always bring a book to read for cross-country flights and a few snacks in transparent bags which they allow on the flight. Jet Blue will get you there. Is it a non-stop or layover. On a layover, get something to eat and clean up as best you can which makes you more refreshed for a long day in a cocoon. Jet Blue? Just make sure your seat isn't on the wingtip! Just kidding. I've flown J.B. from LAX to LaGuardia more times than I can count. I've also flown from NY to Rio which is 13 hours by way of Sao Paulo! Layovers can take it to 24 hours without seeing the light of day. Now that is a flight!
2 :
It's not much different than any other long-distance flight in the USA. You really have to work to get anything longer than, what, say 6 hours in the USA? The difference between 3 hours and 5 isn't that noticeable once you are in the air and settled in. I read on flights. I don't travel that much anymore, but when I did it regularly for work and play, I got a LOT of reading done. If I am tired, I can easily sleep on any flight also, so that works as a backup plan for me. Some of my friends cannot sleep on airplanes though, so that means more reading. In a nutshell, coast to coast flights are not that different than city hops...just more time in the air. *shrug*
3 :
It is more than 6 hours, less than 7.
4 :
I think that should be a little under 6 hours..but Jet Blue will make the trip amazing with their leather seats which are so comfortable. i love Jet Blue for the TV and satellite radio too...Jet Blue also gives food out more than other airlines

Search News