Friday, April 1, 2011

What should I bring and do during a long flight from New York to China

What should I bring and do during a long flight from New York to China?
I get bored on a 3 hour plane ride from Connecticut to Orlando, Florida. So I need to keep myself busy, I'm traveling with my fiance', his mother, and his 10 year old little sister. This is my FIRST international flight, and it will be the longest flight I've ever been on
China - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
first, get separate seats from prospective MIL. Take a sedative before boarding (flu caps works for me) and plan on sleeping for 6-7 hours. If your not asleep just after takeoff, order a double (prefer Baileys Irish) of anything. Make sure you can mix with sedative. Why separate seat? If you don't happen to fall sound asleep, you'll find out the hard way....no matter how nice she is. Close quarters=uncomfortable moments.
2 :
Cards, Ipod,earphones (you could watch movies on the plane) and cards. You should sleep for half of the flight.
3 :
Good luck with your trip, it is a super long haul trip. 1. An empty bottle - to get water after the security check. The mouth is super dry on a long flight. Keeping some water yourselves for drinking whenever you need helps a lot. 2. Wear comfortable clothes for sleeping... Not a bad idea to wear pajama for the flight. 3. If you arrivial time is day time, try to sleep at the last 6 to 8 hrs of the flight, if your arrival time is at night, try to keep yourself aware for the last 8 hours of the flight. 4. An iPod or laptop loaded with movies, books, songs you like. Also, a charger that can be used on plane.
4 :
Bring a computer with games, movies and any possible work you can do. Have a window seat so you can go to sleep and ignore the food. Music with good headphones. They of course have various entertainment channels available. If you knit, etc do that also. Obviously, read, read the long book you have put off. Have an extra pillow. You could also join the "Mile High Club" more than once. Enjoy your flight.
5 :
You'll have rear seat entertainment systems, so put on a movie, then a glass or two of complementary wine, should see you sleep, provided the day before, you deprive yourself of a full night's shut-eye. This always works for me. However if I don't make myself tired the night before, usually a good book can while away 4 or 5 hours before I feel like doing something else, and that's halfway to Beijing from where I am. Then, a movie and a few hours kip, and it's time to descend for the airport. Enjoy it.

Search News